Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

I haven't ever made a Christmas tree, in my life. I mean- by myself. I don't know why, but I thought it was time. It just felt right this year. I'm Jewish and I like to claim that, but after all, I wasn't driven to light my Menorah either. And by "my," I mean "a," because I don't own one. So... this year... in the pouring rain... I drove the family's arses (human and otherwise) to a tree lot, in the POURING rain, and collected my first tree. It cost $22 and was my favorite investment of the season.

Yeah... it's my version of decorations. Christmas skulls... yeah what!?

Lastly, not leastly, here is Kaitlin's mid-day coffee. Talk about making a bit of art for no reason! I mean... well... I wasn't talking about that, but I think about it a lot. How I sometimes suppress making something beautiful because I'm like- where will it go? Who is going to see it??? This is a perfect example of the anthesis of that thinking. Kaitlin makes one of these for no one but herself. I love, love, love it. And speaking of love... check out Hula. She might be enjoying it, just a little, too.

Yay! Yay for art!

No comments: