Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rosebud Salve-ation


I know... you've heard of the product. You may even own three pots at a time, as I do (bathroom, bedroom, purse). You may know its lip-slickness intimately and its perfectly balanced smell. However, you may not, in which case sisters, I've come to preach. Smith's Rosebud Salve is unbelievable.

The consistency is that of petroleum jelly (Vaseline), with the most subtle hint of pink color. It smells like the memory of a rose (completely non-offensive) and has almost no taste (which I prefer, as when I've something on my lips that's too tasty, I either lick it off or spend the whole day wanting chocolate mocha covered everything).

The beauty of a "salve" is that it's absolutely not just for lips. I use it on my cuticles, my knuckles, I dab it around my eyes at night, I tame my brows with it, rub it on my elbows... and it actually does what you want it to. It moistens and revivifies crispy skin. Of course, not immediately, but over several days of use, it really can hydrate dry spots.

(Ps- the formula is over 100 years old! So cool!)

Fave places to find the incredibly affordable potion (approx $6- $10):

Bigelow Chemists
DrugStore.com
Sephora
Anthropologie

Stay Glossy!

No comments: