Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hula's Birthday Party!

Hula had a party. It was FANTASTIC. Sincerely, one of the funniest times I've ever had. FUNNIEST... not funnest. Well, funnest too, but MAXIMUM FUNNY.



Hula is happy to see Sela.




It started calmly with Sela's beautiful and sweet, sweet party tray. A picnic on the lawn! Who could ask for more? Then on to a piece of (homemade dog-safe) cake, eaten like a lady. Who is the lady? Hula is the lady.

She pretty much couldn't believe the whole piece was for her. I could tell by the way she ate it. Kind of like... expecting me to go "no!" at any moment...



Then... the masses came. There were four doggies walking by and I shouted out to their owners... we have cake safe for dogs! Would your doggies like some?

And then... THEY OPENED FIRE.

It started calmly... (check pooch's approach in the right corner... what's that you're eating? A human cracker with pesto spread? Yeah, that's probably not for you.)


Then Chubb-Master Min-Pin came... and they turned into a pack of piranhas. It was UNREAL. Crumbs were FLYING and their owners were standing calmly by saying things like "oh, how old is your dog?" Do you see the knife in the above picture? I literally pulled the knife out of Min Pin's mouth, he was so out-of-his-caking-mind.

After they murdered the cake, they went on to other bits of the picnic while their owners continued to make idle chitchat. Now... I don't mean to suggest that I was getting irritated. In fact, I was in hysterics. Laughing harder than I had in a long while. I was mystified by the unfoldings...


SERIOUS Dachshund cake-face.



"WE ARE A ROWDY BUNCH!"

After the insanity calmed, one of the puppies went over to the corner to puke. I don't think it could have been a funnier time if a team of Jewish comics wrote the sketch. My head ached from laughing that hard for that long.

The wreckage...

3/4 of a cake... devoured in 1.3 minutes!

Don't F with this knife.

"Auntie Sela... I lick you!"

"Dear God! What just happened?!"







Lookit Hula's little paw on Sela's leg!

No comments: