Friday, June 26, 2009

Trashy



I got hired at Trashy Lingerie. I'm STOKED. Every job I've ever gotten... that really mattered... I got with EASE. Like CRAZY ease. For example- I worked at Brand New School for about two years. When I saw they were hiring (I didn't even know who they were), I faxed them my resume (this was about seven years ago, when people faxed a lot more). As I was taking my fax plug out of the wall and putting my phone cord back in the jack, my phone was LITERALLY RINGING with them calling me to set up an interview. I had the job in two days.

Trashy was similar.

I wrote to them at their INFO ADDRESS, asking if they were hiring. Truly not expecting to hear from them. They wrote back the next morning, I emailed my resume, the following morning I had an interview AT WHICH I GOT HIRED FOR THE JOB. AT THE FREAKING INTERVIEW!! Now, THAT'S a first, for me. This is Los Angeles, yo! Home of five million bazillion out-of-work actors, trying to get jobs! It rocked to be coming home from the interview like- I'M HIRED!!!

I'm stoked on Trashy Lingerie because they're stoked on chicks who look like me. Hey... fact is, I've made a specific choice in my life. The choice to be (semi) heavily tattooed (depending on your perspective. I think Kat Von D is heavily tattooed, which makes me semi-heavily). And well... I'm never going to work in a "corporate" environment. I don't look like a girl who you'd see in a business suit. I have a pierced nose, I like my makeup wild and I have blond streaks in my (sometimes wild) hair. I like this look. I'm happiest when I'm so colorful.




Models like Sabina here, can be found on the Trashy website. This, to me, is beauty. This, to me, is a WOMAN. I like the idea of working for a place that thinks this is incredibly sexy. I like the idea of working for a place that sells clothing to excite your lover... or whomever you're trying to excite. Strangers in an audience, or people on the street as you're dressed in one of their sexy Halloween costumes. I like the idea of working somewhere sex... and more specifically my brand of sexy, is the name of the game. I have high hopes about this job.

I start Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats : )