Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Two Year Anniversary

Two years ago, on December 14th, I met the dude who is my dude.  We met because he was the filmer for some of the website content, for the site I worked.


We met through text and email.  He seemed so sweet and had a lot of smart and funny things to say.  He intrigued me, because he seemed quite introverted and wise.


On our first date, I picked him up at the skate park (kind of a blind date, because we'd not met face to face!) and we went to this incredible art show, by an artist we both kind of worshiped.  We held hands and kind of... just didn't let go.


Alaska has come a long way.  He was once a skater/video gamer, who was kind of unsure about how to deal with me.  Now... well... now he is this guy...


For our anniversary, he had his own cake testing.  He found this incredible shop by his work and (secretly) sampled cakes.  Told them what I loved most and bought me the most beautiful, thoughtful cake, I've ever seen.  And if anyone reading this, knows me at all, they know I know pastries like I know Chihuahuas!  I am saying, FOR THE RECORD, this was my dream cake.  Dense, double chocolate, fudgy icing, incredible white-chocolate lettering.  Alaska KILLED IT!  He nailed it.  

The sweetest, most thoughtful man.  Thank you, my love!  Thank you for helping us become, what we've become!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God that is the sweetest thing ever... Alaska... Well done!

That story just makes me so happy. And the cake is just as beautiful as I'm sure it tasted! And well documented you excellent photographer you!

Great taste all around!
Love, Am

Anonymous said...

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to two great people who are even greater together.
xoxox
Am

sfouki said...

I am teary-eyed reading this! I love this story and love that Alaska's so good to you, mamas! The cake sounds ridiculous!! Go Team Alaska! Xoxo