Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Want You To Hit Me Blah Blah Blah Blah


My day started, today, at 3am.  I don't know... I went to sleep at a reasonable hour (midnight or so) but was restless after just a bit.  Usually I wait it out... toss in bed and sleep befalls me soon.  Today was different for some reason.  I'm compelled to stand... to move... to take action- physically.  It can be exhausting, but fighting it only furthers frustration.

Fight Club plays on HBO right now.  I go to HBO on Demand and watch it over and over and over.  I must have seen it six full times and three-four partial times, since it has been available.  When Ed Norton has desperate insomnia... it's so fucking realistic.  I know Chuck Palahniuk must have, at some point, been completely sleepless.  David Fincher, too.  Everyone involved, perhaps.  The depiction of the insomniac is bang on.  As bang as on gets.  Never fully asleep nor awake.

Still, it's okay.  I like the hours of twilight.  Things seem more possible and dream-like when the sun has not yet risen, but it's late enough for the majority of people to be sleeping.  It feels like you're in a untapped realm.  One in which few are conscious and somehow answers to secrets, lay.  Shhh... quietly listen... fortunes come...

No comments: