Friday, May 16, 2008

Pile-O-Fun


I got a job in floor sales, at the brand new Calvin Klein store, at The Forum Shops, in Caesars Palace.  I don't know why, but I'm fucking stoked.  It doesn't make a pile of sense.  It's not prestigious or all that glam.  It's just fucking F-U-N.  

I like having somewhere to go... to put on makeup for... something to be a part of.  A cog in a unit.  A part of a gang.  It excites me.  It give me a reason.  Not a reason for anything dramatic like... a reason to exist.  Just a reason.  Something to put on eyeliner for.  Somewhere to be productive.  To connect with people and run around in cute shoes.  

The store isn't open yet, so every day is slicing boxes, steaming clothes, hanging up dresses... knitting together a beginning.  Being part of something at inception.  

I'm pleased.  

No matter how it reads in general, in me, it reads like flowing water.

1 comment:

Amina Hafiz Sarraf said...

Congrats on the new gig with your gang! Are you a jet or a shark?