Saturday, October 07, 2006

BLD


So Eric and I decided to get take-out from this restaurant I've been hearing great stuff about- BLD (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). I was def disappointed, esp. since we seldom eat out. I got the House Cured Salmon Salad which came kind of like (above)-- (I forgot to take my own pics)

The thin salmon pieces were just laying on top of the salad. I was in the mood for like a HUNK of yummy, grilled fish. The salad kind of tasted like sushi, with STRONGLY Wasabi dressing (super hot and yum) but juxtaposed against kind of home made-ey looking "bagel chips" (you know the ones) hidden inside the salad. When I got home, i fancied it up with some goat cheese and croutons. Not something you want to do when you've paid $19 for a fucking salad.


What i WANTED was something like this--





Eric got a rib sandwich w/ coleslaw and expected kind of a picnic type presentation. His rib sandwich was shredded beef and mixed up in it, was the coleslaw. The bread was average and the fries were like any other with some spices. That sandwich was $16. Again, not worth the price.

We won't go again and now that I've found some other poopy reviews about it, I don't think we're alone. However, I've also heard amazing things, so... Every place has its lovers and haters.

Hugh says...






Grrr... I'm sexy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah! ENOUGH with the scary old man with the skeletal face! More pics of the cute little pup in dresses!

sesa said...

i love that comment! but i disagree with it -- MORE of the scary old man with the skeletal face! MORE! ;0)

i'll take some of the pup, too.