Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Lots!

Yesterday f'ing rocked. My interview at Brand New School... well... it didn't even feel like an interview. Just friends hanging out and talking. I don't really even want to express my desire for this position. I'll leave that to me and The Universe.

(Thank you, Universe)


I made a cake!

Okay... the hilarious news is- I used Hula's DOG CAKE RECIPE, as the basis for it. The thing is... Hula's cake was REALLY GOOD. Not very sweet so you could gob frosting on top and it wouldn't taste like you were eating 67 spoons of sugar at one time. Plus it was moist and light.

So I did:

1 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 c... and here's the one I went out on a limb with... I did 3 strawberries and some carrot juice I had, to make a carrot/strawberry smoothie... 1 c worth. You could ABSOLUTELY taste the strawberries and the carrot gave it some flavor but didn't make the cake taste carrot-ey. I say- if you have strawberries, just blend w/ water. Not everyone just has carrot juice sitting around.
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c honey (I only had sugar and liked how sweet it made it)
1 egg- BUT- if you don't know this, you can substitute 2 tbsp of mayonnaise for 1 egg. Yeah! It's because mayo is composed of eggs and oil and salt. It makes it REALLY moist. Total recommend.

Mix that shit up! Bake at 350... but watch it. It bakes fast. Maybe... 15min? I don't remember. But seriously, THIS CAKE IS YUM.

I have eaten this cake with both chocolate frosting and alone. Great for breakfast if you eat it alone. Great for dessert w/ gobs of frosting.


I made these yesterday! Been getting SO INSPIRED by so so so many wonderful things I'm finding on flickr. SO MANY WOMEN MAKING SO MANY BEAUTIFUL CRAFTS!!!! I got the urge and bought cute eyeshadow palettes, then glued plastic cabochons onto them. SO easy and SO cute! Fun prezzies!!!

No comments: